The Tulane Dietetic Internship is a program with open admissions and considers all qualified applicants. The program accepts students who have completed a bachelor's degree program from any accredited university and have completed the DPD (Didactic Program in Dietetics) curriculum requirements.
Applicants must complete the following:
- Tulane School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine Dietetic Internship Application
- TOEFL scores (for international students)
- Check or money order payable to Tulane University for $40.00
- Video of applicant answering questions
- Intent to Complete a Master's Degree Form
Please send all School Requirements by February 15 to:Marsha Piacun, MBA, RD, LDN
Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
1440 Canal Street, Suite 2200-27, Mail Code #8319
New Orleans, LA 70112
- Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS Application)
- Computer Matching D & D Digital
Learn more about the DICAS application.
The program uses the online centralized internship application, DICAS, which may be accessed at https://portal.dicas.org. NOTE: The DICAS portal will not be available until December for the Spring Match. The online application must be completed for our program by 11:59 pm Central Time on February 15. The fee to use DICAS is $50 for the first application submitted and $25 for each additional application. Email DICASinfo@DICAS.org with any questions.
Applicants who apply to the Tulane Dieteic Internship using DICAS will be asked to complete a personal statement in 1,000 words or less. Questions to be addressed in the personal statement include:
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- What are some experiences that have helped to prepare you for your career?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be sent to:DICAS - Transcript Dept.
PO Box 9118
Watertown, MA 02472
When completing the application form, applicants must include the name and contact information (specifically an email address) for each reference. This will trigger an email message requesting completion of a reference form. The form will be completed online. Students submitting more than one application will need to use the same individuals as references for each application.
Applicants must also register online for computer matching and select dietetic internship priority choices by 11:59 pm Central Time on February 15. There is a $55 computer matching fee paid to D and D Digital.