The Mission of SPHTM Food for Thought Pantry:
Every day, thousands of people and families across the country have food insecurity. It's possible that some students at SPHTM may be experiencing temporary insecurity and require ongoing assistance. We've implemented the Pantry to assist our SPHTM students who require a little additional supplemental support so they can better concentrate on their studies and not choose between food and other necessities.
The Student Pantry only provides supplemental support, which means that we don't provide all of the food and supplies needed in an everyday lifestyle.
Shop the Pantry
The Student Pantry is open to all presently enrolled SPHTM students. There are no financial restrictions for participation. The Student Pantry is a resource available for a little extra support allowing students to concentrate on the things that matter most at Tulane SPHTM. Students can regularly use the Pantry to make ends meet during their time here. We hope you'll utilize the Pantry if you need some extra support stretching your grocery budget.
The SPHTM Food for Thought Pantry is located on the 1st floor of Tidewater within the student lounge. We are open weekly, during University and building hours. You will need your Tulane Splash Card to enter both the student lounge and the pantry.
- Tuesdays: Noon to 5:00 pm
- Thursdays: Noon to 5:00 pm
Contact UsEmail: Food for Thought
Tulane Swipe Out Hunger Program
Because of the ongoing COVID pandemic, there are additional exceptions for college students to be eligible for SNAP that may qualify you. The Louisiana SNAP application can be accessed here: http://www.dcfs.la.gov/page/snap-how-to-apply
- You can learn more about the student eligibility for SNAP here: https://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/students
- You may also qualify for DSNAP which you can pre-register for here: http://www.dcfs.louisiana.gov/page/dsnap-registration
Many thanks to our generous sponsors!
Ways to support the food pantry:
- Amazon Wishlist-give via the wishlist
- Monetary donations–On the giving form, choose "Other," and indicate for SPHTM Food Pantry
- Food Drive
- Faculty /staff donation competitions
- Departmental donation competition
Have questions about supporting the pantry? Email us at Food for Thought or call 504-988-7111
Pantry items not used by students are given to support other food pantries in the New Orleans area.
How to make a request from the Pantry?
- First, click on, and fill out, the request form.
- Choose your items and then click submit.
- An automatic response will be sent to your email.
- Within the next business day you'll receive an email with pickup instructions..
Where and how do I pick up my order?
- Pickup location is in Tidewater on the first floor, within the student lounge (your Tulane ID/Splashcard is needed to access both the student lounge and the Pantry).
- Your order will be arranged in numerical order by the last 4 digits of your student ID.
When can I submit an order?
- A Tuesday pick up order should be submitted by noon Monday, and a Thursday pick up order should be submitted by noon on Wednesday.
What happens if I don't pick my order up?
- A reminder email will be sent for the next pick-up day, after which the order will be removed from the pick-up shelf. Students can reorder.
Is there a limit to using the pantry?
- Yes, twice a month.
What is available in the food pantry?
Food Pantry items are purchased from local groceries stores. In the Food Pantry you will find breakfast items canned vegetables, canned fruit, canned meat, cereal, rice, beans, granola bars, etc.) We also carry personal care hygiene products and toiletries. If you need additional support, staff of the Pantry can help by referring you to other resource. Please email Food for Thought for assistance.
Will the pantry be open for the whole year?
- The pantry is open only when the university is open.
The Food Pantry is wheelchair accessible, and assistance is available. Feel free to contact us for specific concerns or requests, or if you have further questions.