We encourage our faculty, staff, and students to live out our highest ideals every day.
Advancing public health for more than a century, in New Orleans, Louisiana, the world.
Advance global public health and decrease health disparities through excellence in education, research, and collaborative partnerships
- Prepare culturally competent graduates who address and prevent global public health problems, decrease health disparities, and manage health-related programs
- Advance public health knowledge through rigorous evidence-based scientific investigation and the dissemination and application of results
- Improve the health of communities globally, through culturally competent leadership and collaborative partnerships across health sectors
- Nurture our students
- Maintain a collegial and collaborative atmosphere
- Advance diversity within our student body, faculty, and staff
- Foster excellence in teaching, research, and the practice of public health
- Promote collaboration and interactions with the community
- Promote high ethical standards