The mission of the Healthcare Management Student Leadership Association (HMSLA) is:
- To actively participate with the Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine’s (SPHTM) Health Policy and Management (HPM) department to create and foster a preeminent professional and educational experience for HMSLA members.
- To establish and sustain relationships with community partners and leaders in the healthcare management industry to make valuable contributions through public health and other initiatives.
- To strive towards excellence by continually challenging ourselves and our colleagues in creative and meaningful ways.
HMSLA is an organization of Learning and Doing comprised of students in the HPM department at the Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine. These students include MHA, MPH, MD/MPH and PhD candidates in all levels of study.
All HMSLA members are invited to participate in various events organized and hosted by the Executive Committee throughout the year. These events are usually focused on one of four categories: Networking; Professional Development; Community Outreach; and Mentorship.
Examples of past events hosted by HMSLA include:
- Healthcare Management Speaker Series (Alumni, Secretary of the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals, other local & national healthcare leaders)
- Administrative Fellowship Information Sessions
- Networking Events with local & national alumni
- HPM Journal Club
- Mentorship program
- Community service throughout the New Orleans community
HMSLA is led by Executive Committee Officers. Executive Committee members are elected annually (1-year term) through an organization-wide election.
The HMSLA Executive Committee Officers for 2022-2023:
- Ethan Smith, President
- Mohanish Savanth, Vice President
- Joey Ballan, Treasurer
- Maria Osborn, Secretary
- Manasi Jadhav, Professional Development Chair
- Kendall Keller, Social Chair
- Dr. Mollye Demosthenidy, Faculty Advisor
For more information about HMSLA, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.