SPHTM-IT offers access to services, equipment, and training for an enriched multimedia classroom.
The University Learning Management System (LMS) is the online center of your academic work. Canvas by Instructure is Tulane's LMS. Canvas' platform provides more modern, mobile, and user-friendly features for collaboration, engagement, and assessment. We are especially excited that Canvas allows us to integrate our digital and academic lives without sacrificing the privacy of either. We are constantly adding new features, so keep an eye out for new announcements about your LMS.
Click here for more information.
Classroom and Lab Help Desk
There is a Classroom/Lab Help Desk located on the 12th Floor, next to room 1220.
- Phone: (504) 988-7173 or (504) 988-2685
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Zoom is a cloud-based videoconferencing software solution which allows for multisite calls of unlimited duration with up to 100 participants. Zoom is an ideal resource to meet with students for office hours and provide continuity of learning when it is not possible to meet in person. For more information about establishing your Zoom Pro account, please view the article in the TS Knowledge Base.
- Strength lies in its ability to simultaneously allow remote attendees to watch a presentation. The interface of Zoom is designed with collaboration and presentation in mind.
- Differs from YuJa in that the screen space is setup by default to be a shared workspace.
- Allows attendees to communicate back to the presenter via chat messages or their own microphone and cameras.
- Integrated into your Canvas course and allows you to schedule meetings throughout the semester.
YuJa and Zoom are both enabled in the Canvas courses by default and are accessible in the left hand sidebar under each class. For further help with Zoom and Yuja, email email@example.com.
Cloud-based enterprise video platform enabling lecture capture, live streaming, synchronous video classrooms and video management and distribution, includes captioning.
- Best used to record lectures both in the classroom and lectures you would like to give when you will not be available to present the material live to the students.
- Can capture the audio from your microphone, the video from your webcam and the programs you are showing on your desktop.
- Strength lies in managing and editing your videos after you create them.
- Lectures can be shared with students via Canvas. YuJa is built into Canvas to allow you to create recordings while logged into your Canvas course.