Mai Do, MD, DrPH
Associate Professor & Vice Chair
Education & Affiliations
Mai Do received her medical training in Vietnam and public health training in the US. She has research interests in access, quality, and utilization of health care services primarily in the areas of family planning, reproductive health, and maternal and child health. She is also interested in the investigations of stigma as a barrier to accessing quality care for mental illness and cancer among immigrant populations. She has conducted research in Africa, Asia, and with the Vietnamese immigrants in the U.S. She teaches program monitoring in global health and survey data analysis using Stata.
- Access and quality of health services
- Family planning/reproductive health
- Impact evaluation
Honors & Awards
- 2020-2021: Tulane SPHTM Student Government Association's Excellence in Teaching Award
- 2021: Member, Tulane University's Emerging Leaders Program
- 2011 – present: Newcomb Fellow, Tulane University,
- 2005 – present: Member, Delta Omega Honorary Society in Public Health
View Dr. Do's publications at her NCBI profile page.