Mollye M. Demosthenidy, JD, MHA
Associate Dean for Strategic Initiatives
Education & Affiliations
Mollye Demosthenidy is a clinical associate professor in the department of health policy and management. Her academic interests lie in healthcare reform; the role of law and policy in improving healthcare outcomes; and the intersection of law, politics, and healthcare policy. She teaches courses addressing health law and regulation, ethics, and health policy, at both the graduate and undergraduate levels. Prior to joining the faculty at Tulane, she practiced law at two New Orleans firms, focusing on regulatory and transactional issues faced by healthcare providers. She holds a JD and an MHA, both from Tulane University, and a BS from Louisiana State University.
- Healthcare reform
- Health policy
- Health law
Honors & Awards
- 2018: Outstanding Undergraduate Public Health Teaching Award
- 2017 Dean's Undergraduate Public Health Teaching Award
- 2015: Dean E. Elaine Boston Award for Outstanding Long-Term Commitment to Student Needs
- 2014: Student Government Association Teaching Excellence Award
- 2011: Student Government Association Teaching Excellence Award
View Dr. Demosthenidy's publications at her NCBI profile page.