Changwei Li, MD, PhD
Education & Affiliations
Changwei Li is an epidemiologist with expertise in medicine, multi-omics, GXE interactions, cardiovascular disease and chronic kidney disease. His current research programs focus on assessing risk alleles for monogenic non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus disorders in the general population, and delineating mechanisms underlying progression of chronic kidney disease. Prior to joining the faculty at Tulane, he was a tenure track Assistant Professor of Epidemiology at the University of Georgia at Athens. He received his PhD in Genetic Epidemiology from Tulane University, MPH in Global Health from Emory University, and medical degree in Preventive Medicine from Peking University.
A full list of Dr. Li's publications can be found at his NCBI PubMed page.
- Multi-omics Study;
- GxE interactions;
- Cardiovascular Disease Epidemiology;and
- Chronic Kidney Disease Epidemiology
Honors & Awards
- 2016 Annual Council on Hypertension Travel Award, AHA Hypertension Scientific Sessions
- 2015 Dorothy R. LeBlanc Scholarship Award, Tulane University
- 2015 The Dean’s Scholastic Award, Tulane University
- 2015 Delta Omega, Tulane University
- 2015 First Prize of the Delta Omega Eta Chapter Poster Contest, Tulane University
- 2006 Excellent Medic, Beijing Shijitan Hospital, Beijing, China