The Tidewater Times is the Tulane School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine's internal, weekly newsletter put together by the communications department. Tidewater Times shares grant and publication announcements, awards, academic information, new hires and farewells, and other news for our community. You can look for the Tidewater Times weekly on Wednesdays (a change from prior years). If you're not sure if your news fits, please reach out and ask!
Not receiving the Tidewater Times?
January 2021 Issues
- January 20, 2021, Health Science Research Days: Call for Abstracts is open! Health Sciences Research Days 2021 will be held virtually* on Wednesday–Thursday, April 14–15.
December 2020 Issues
- December 15, 2020, Holiday Event: The Holiday Extravaganza for Faculty and Staff is this afternoon at 5pm!
- December 9, 2020, Dissertation Winner: Congratulations to MD/PhD student Austin Jones (MPHTM '19) who was chosen as the People's Choice Winner in the 3-Minute Thesis, or 3MT, competition!
- December 2, 2020, TA Training: Graduate students interested in an SPHTM Teaching Assistantship must complete the TA Orientation and Training Program as partial fulfillment of the SPHTM TA qualifications.
November 2020 Issues
- November 18, 2020, Research Synergy: For the 11th year in a row, Tulane University will be presenting the Faculty Research Synergy Event.
- November 11, 2020, Zoom backgrounds: Ever wished you could share your SPHTM pride when in a virtual meeting or class? Well, now you can!
- November 4th, 2020, Post-election Resources: It's been a long election season and we all need to make space for emotional health. Neighbors in location and vocation, SPHTM and SSW are hosting two "Decompressing & Managing Emotional Health" Sessions today.
October 2020 Issues
- October 14, 2020, American Public Health Association Annual Meeting: While COVID-19 may have curtailed the way we do things, it hasn't stopped us from conducting research and sharing that information.
- October 7, 2020, Campus Safety and Security Community Town Hall: The SPHTM community is invited to join this interactive event featuring both updates and the opportunity to ask questions.
September 2020 Issues
- September 30, 2020, APHA: We'll be posting the SPHTM presentation schedule soon so you can keep up to date with faculty, staff, and student presentations at the annual American Public Health Association meeting, this year online.
- September 23, 2020, Professional Development Days are almost here!
- September 16, 2020, CELT Training Stipends: If you participated in CELT training over the summer to prepare you for HyFlex, you can anticipate seeing a stipend in your September paycheck.
- September 9, 2020, APHA: Please continue to let us know if you will be presenting at the virtual American Public Health Association Annual Meeting.
- September 2, 2020, Welcome back to the Tidewater Times.
February 2020 Issues
- February 18, 2020, Are you a student looking for a summer practicum or internship?
- February 11, 2020, As a follow up to last week's Dean's Corner on the novel coronavirus, Dr. Ron Blanton has coordinated an interdisciplinary seminar.
- February 4, 2020, Two dozen countries have been affected by this novel coronavirus so far, causing the World Health Outbreak to declare a global emergency.
January 2020 Issues
- January 28, 2020, This week our next gallery exhibition opens in the Diboll Gallery with The American Dream Denied: The New Orleans Residents of Gordon Plaza Seek Relocation.
- January 21, 2020, I recently returned from a trip to Taiwan to meet with the school’s partners there.
- January 14, 2020, Belated Congratulations to Epidemiology's Dr. Felicia Rabito who was awarded a coveted Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute Grant (PCORI) in the last quarter of last year.
- January 7, 2020, The American Journal of Public Health will commemorate the 15th Anniversary of Hurricane Katrina with a special section in the August 2020 edition.