Tuesday, July 14, 2020 - 9:00am to 10:00amOnline
Please join us next Tuesday, 14th July from 10am-11am EDT for a webinar marking the launch of ISLAC, Every Woman Every Child’s partnership with Tulane University and the University of Santiago de Chile. As the Latin American and Caribbean region grapples with over 3 million COVID-19 cases and rising death tolls, ISLAC will primarily research the effects of COVID-19 on health services for vulnerable groups across the region.
This session—titled “COVID-19 in Latin America and the Caribbean: The Impact of Health Services on Women’s, Children’s, and Adolescent Health”—will be hosted entirely in Spanish; moderated by Ms. Carina Vance, Tulane School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, Former Executive Director of the South American Institute of Government in Health (ISAGS) and Former Minister of Public Health, Ecuador. It will feature the following speakers:
· Dr. Helia Molina, Pediatrician and Dean of the Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Santiago de Chile, and former Minister of Health of Chile.
· Dr. Arachu Castro, Project Lead - Samuel Z. Stone Chair of Public Health in Latin America and Director of the Collaborative Group for Health Equity in Latin America, Tulane School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
· Mr. Claudio Castillo, Project Lead - Public Administrator and Researcher, Public Health Centre Program, University of Santiago de Chile. Project Partners include:
· Ms. Cecilia Vaca Jones, Executive Director Bernard van Leer Foundation, and
· Ms. Vivian Lopez, Executive Coordinator Every Woman Every Child.
For additional information on the project, please visit: www.islaccovid.org
We hope to see you there.