Download the handy building directory with location info on departments, support services, and centers. Mini-versions of the directory are available in Student Affairs. (NOTE – the directory will be updated this summer.)
Secret and not-so-secret spots in Tidewater:
First Floor – Park, rest, and relax
- You’ve probably figured out that Pickles Café is located on the first floor. But you might want to know that the café’s hours are 7:00am-3:00pm Monday through Friday and it’s closed during most breaks.
- Bike racks can be found in the back of the Student Lounge (so you don’t have to park your bike on the street).
- Also in the Student Lounge: Lockers, filtered water, and game tables, foosball, and [coming soon] video games!).
Eighth Floor –Take care of business
- The Mail Room (Room 802) where you can drop off mail to be delivered or pick up departmental mail.
- ID Services (Room 802) (Replacing a lost ID will run you $35).
- Parking Services (The Tidewater garage is generally limited to paid parkers, but students are permitted after 5pm weekdays when they have an application on file in Parking Services and have paid a $10.00 deposit for a swipe card [paid by cash or check, refundable when relinquished]. Student cars must exit the garage by 10pm. Students with a swipe card can also access the building 6am – 6pm on weekends.)
Twelfth Floor – Study and learn
- Most (but not all) classrooms are on this floor
- Computer labs (Rooms 1214/1216/1218/1220)
- Financial Aid (Room 1213)
- Two groovy study rooms (Room 1200 and 1205)
Fifteenth Floor – Reflect
Sixteenth Floor – Feed the beast
- We are all about healthy here, but sometimes you need to hit the vending machines. Both soda and snack machines available (midway down the side halls)
- The Center for Continuing Education is also located on this floor.
Eighteenth Floor – Study more, be healthy
- A quiet study area called "The Green Room" is located along the same corridor as GRIT and the PRC. (Room #1819)
- Weight Watchers meets weekly on Wednesdays beginning at 11:45am in 1825.
- There’s also a Lactation Room in room 1830, along the mid-way corridor, as well as in other university buildings.
1430 Tulane Avenue (SOM building)