ACTIVITIES AND SERVICES
ACTIVITIES, or Spokes
The Hub plans on fostering the following activities:
- Promotion of Collaborative Research Programs - faculty and students can motivate each other and brainstorm ideas for innovative projects.
- Exchange of Information and Knowledge - via informational sessions on professional development, library of best practices and lessons learned, exchange of ideas and information between faculty and student, as well as peer-to-peer.
- Dissemination of Funding Opportunities and Policy Updates - to stay atop on current issues, individuals can seek out the latest funding opportunities and policies at I2PH.
- Mentoring and Support - I2PH fosters faculty-to-student and peer-to-peer mentoring and support.
- Facilitation of Networking among Researchers - I2PH hosts events where researchers can meet and expand their professional network connections.
- Enhancement of Grant Writing and Management Skills - Work with more experienced and trained faculty and program managers to hone in on sharpening marketing skills for grant applications, as well as manage pre- and post-award nuances.
The Hub will also house a limited number of services and facilitate and/or organize events that include the following:
- Training seminars: grant writing, presentation skills, proposal development, and understanding technology transfer and intellectual property
- Innovative research space on a temporary basis
- Networking socials linked to Cross-Departmental Research forum events
- Links to higher education resources (meeting and seminar announcements)